How do you cook with weed?
The CBD edibles possibilities are only limited by your own imagination. Truly, any recipe that includes the base cannaoil can be THC or CBD edibles. So, think of all of the foods that you eat on a regular basis that either includes or is cooked in oil or butter. Even my morning eggs are cooked in oil.
However, there is more than just buying some buds and including it as an ingredient in the recipe. How do you actually put the cannabis in the fat? And why is it always paired with fat? Can you make a fat-free edible? Here are a few basic steps to follow if you are thinking about doing chocolate edibles or any other type of TCH or CBD edibles.
• Create a cannaoil but remember to decarboxylate your weed in the oven
• You can choose an oil based on your end product: olive oil, canola oil, avocado oil
• You can also use the same process to create a cannabis butter for non-oil recipes
• You can even use the same process to make full-fat weed milk
• If you want to go non-fat just infuse weed into vodka, mix with sugar, bake off the vodka, and you’ve just made weed infused sugar
Avoid these 7 mistakes
It is easy to screw up the cannaoil. It is an uncommon technique that requires correct measurements, patience, some skills, and a little luck. It is best to try the process out a few times before feeding your chocolate edibles or any other THC or CBD edibles to guests.
1. Don’t add too much weed to your recipe, use a 3:1 ratio oil:weed
2. Don’t use non-decarboxylate cannabis, using raw cannabis will create a burnt flavor
3. Make sure to decarb your cannabis using the low and slow method, this means cook at 245 degrees F for 30-40 minutes
4. Don’t use a food processor to grind your buds, use a coarse setting on a hand grinder
5. Make sure to use cheesecloth after you’ve infused the oil and not a regular strainer to strain the oil
6. Don’t use too much of the cannaoil in your recipe, try the amount for a serving straight before adding it to your recipe
7. Don’t under mix your recipe, you need to make sure that the oil is thoroughly mixed through the recipe so that everyone gets a little bit
What are some recipes that work well with CBD?
Remember, if you’ve decarb’ed your weed and infused it in oil or butter then you can substitute that oil or butter for the same ingredient in any recipe you have. This could mean you could create brownies, cookies, or other chocolate edibles. However, your THC or CBD edibles don’t need to be just sweet. They can be savory as well. Olive oil and butter could be used in any of the following recipes for a small sampling of what can be done:
• Grilled Cheese
• Macaroni and Cheese
• Homemade Gravlax
• Ribeye with Chimichurri Sauce
• Chicken Pot-cciatore
• Baked Italian Eggplant
• Laid-Back Latkes